Now: A beautiful textured piece used to display fruit or fresh flowers.
Here's how to make it:
- Find a boring old bowl, vase, or pedestal serving dish from a flea market, garage sale, or your local Goodwill.
- Purchase some rope. You can find colorful sisal rope from craft stores or online.
- Get out your trusty hot glue gun and attach one end of the rope to the bottom of the dish.
- Wrap the dish with the sisal, using dabs of hot glue to hold the next wrap in place in a few places as you wrap.
- Finish wrapping the entire bowl.